A responsive web design (RWD) site fits all types of devices (computers, tablets, smartphones) thus avoiding the user scrolling horizontally or vertically.
Why is it important for a site to be responsive design?
With more and more sites now being responsive design, those that are not responsive can have a negative connotation, which could harm their audience or conversion rate for online sales sites. In addition, Google attaches increasing importance to responsive design sites to the point of taking it into account for natural referencing.
Below you will find a small tool, originally developed by @justinavery, allowing you to visualize if your site is responsive design. This tool is not intended to replace full-scale tests on real devices.
- THIS TOOL WORKS EXCLUSIVELY ON PC AND MAC. The implementation of the tool on this site is still in beta version. So be indulgent if you notice some bugs that I encourage you to report to me via my my contact page.
- Enter the URL of the site to be tested and press “Return” or the “Validate” button.
- Share the embedded link with the URL of your site by clicking the “Copy” button
- You can move the devices to get a better view of the different screens or navigate within each screen.
- You can change the background color to match the dominant color of your site by selecting the jagged wheel on the left edge of the screen. This feature is useful if you want to make a screenshot of your test result.